How does booking a wedding florist work? Most of my couples have never planned a wedding or booked flowers for a large event before. That’s why we try to make this whole process transparent. First, decide which type of service you need. Then, check out the quick outline of the booking process. Read on to get a rough idea of the cost of wedding flowers and how much you should budget.
How do I book a full-service wedding florist?
Gather some inspiration images, narrow down some details (guest count/table count, wedding party numbers, etc.) and get in touch to book a consultation
We will talk all about your wedding day and gather some more information so we can put together a customized wedding flower package for you.
Your Customized Package:
During a quick follow-up phone call, we’ll go over your customized package options to make sure we got everything just right.
Book Your Day:
Book your flowers with a signed contract and first payment and then leave it to us to execute beautiful wedding flowers designed for you.
Want to know more about the consultation or booking process? Click here.
How much do wedding flowers cost?
The cost of wedding flowers for a full-service wedding in Southern Ontario can vary vastly! It depends entirely on the size and scale of arrangements, the time of year, the type of flowers being used and how complicated the delivery and set-up will be. As a rule of thumb, bigger is always more expensive, though something small and “simple” isn’t always cheap! A larger guest count will always cost more because more guests means more tables means more flowers!
Though we create customized packages for every client and pricing relies on the combination of elements, the following price points can be helpful benchmarks for planning purposes.
- round guest tables: $100+
- rectangular guest tables: $135+
- ceremony flowers: $500-600+
- bridal bouquet: $225+
- bridesmaids bouquets: $100+
- Boutonnieres and corsages: $20 and $35 respectively
- Garlands: $20/ft for greenery, $30+/ft with flowers
- 10-15% of your overall spend toward delivery and set-up
- Extra if you have any rentals that need to be picked-up.
Click for more information on how much to budget for your wedding flowers including the biggest budgeting mistakes and a sample wedding flower invoice.
Tips for Choosing Wedding Vendors
Photographers freeze time and allow us to appreciate the big moments and little details long after the champagne has been drunk and the sparklers burn out. When choosing a photographer keep the following in mind:
- Personality! You have to hang out with this person all day so you better like them! More than that you need to be comfortable around them. This is number.
- Style. Are they shooting really bright, airy images? Is everything dark and moody? Or do the colours look true to life? If you are excited about your colour palette of juicy pinks and oranges, know that a moody photographer will likely produce images that look more like dusty rose and burnt terracotta. That same bright palette will read as much softer, possibly leaning toward pastels if shot by a light and airy photographer. Keep this in mind while choosing both your photographer and your colour palette!
- Process. Are you really in love with the little visual details you’ve put together? Flowers, stationery, table settings all fall into the details category. There are some photographers who live to capture these beautiful details, some photographers have a more photojournalistic approach and capture the day naturally as it unfolds focusing on interactions between people. Some photographers do both exceedingly well!
Here are a few of our favourites:
Planners keep your day (and sometimes you’re whole planning process!) running smoothly and efficiently. Even if you don’t need full-planning help (ie. help choosing all your vendors and managing your budget and all the logistics) many of our clients decide to bring on a planner for month-of-coordination. They make sure your itinerary and timeline make sense, they coordinate your vendors to make sure everything goes as planned and they’ll help keep your day moving so you don’t end up 4 hours behind and totally flustered. A good planner will do all this with calm, positive energy and an emergency kit incase you need a safety pin stat. And boy, do we know some good planners…